reCAPTCHA v2 Setup Instructions:
From the black admin bar on the left, click Settings > Integrations you can scroll down and see the reCaptcha area. The 'more info' link (top right of the reCAPTCHA section) will take you to the link below.
You can apply here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/
Note: You will need a google email account so if you don't already have one, pause and go create one at:
1. On the reCAPTCHA site, click the "Admin Console" link at the top right of the screen.
2. Give your account a label. The name of your website works well. Note: because it is possible - though not probable - to set up multiple websites on the same account it is important to distinguish them from each other.
3. Select the option: reCAPTCHA v2, and then select "I'm not a robot" Checkbox.
4. Domains: you will want to add ALL the domain names that are associated with your website. If you are not sure what domain names are associated with your website, you can go to your website, Settings, Domains and Email - there is a list of all associated domain names there.
Note: a domain name does not use http or www
- correct domain name: adventistchurch.com
- incorrect domain name: www.adventistchurch.com
- incorrect domain name: https://adventistchurch.com
5. Optional: If you'd like to add owners to this Label, add their email addresses.
6. Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of service
7. Indicate whether or not you (and any other owners you've added) would like to get alerts.
8. Submit the form.
On screen you will see two alphanumeric gibberish keys - a Site Key and a Secret Key.
9. Copy and Paste these keys into the fields also named 'Site Key' and 'Secret Key' on the integrations page of your website.
10. Save the integrations page. (you may have to scroll down to see the save button on the bottom left).
When you have added these keys and saved the page all the forms your website has now and will create in the future, will be automatically protected with reCAPTCHA.
reCAPTCHA will stop the automated (non-human) filling out of your forms which is the most common reason for receiving email with content not relating to your website. Keep in mind that real people get paid to fill out these forms with advertising messages. Spam blockers do not stop real people.